Thursday, June 4, 2009

Just Random thoughts

Quite a while since I scribbled down my thoughts. Not that Iven't been thinking. Just that I haven't been thinking deeply and have gotten carried away with work and stuff. Coming to think of it, its been more of an inertia of the mind (another term for laziness), rather just letting days take its own course and me travelling along. Some sort of an thought activity trough maybe? 

Are these two disparate things "thinking for oneself" and "thinking about oneself"? I had a feeling they are disparate things. Let me explain my reasoning to believe they are disparate.

When I mean "thinking for oneself" I mean, thinking on the lines, regards activities, deeds or "adjustments not made" so that it is easier on oneself or to the benefit of oneself, or just considering oneself. The thought process on these lines are what are considered to be selfish. It doesn't do the self good, though the thought process goes on the lines of making things easier and doing things supposedly beneficial only to the self. I say supposedly beneficial because the thought process focusses only on the trivia which does the self no good, but all it does is alienates oneself from people around (family/friends/colleagues). 

I have a feeling that I have made a lot of decisions based on this line of thought, without really reflecting deeply. I don't know how many times I've put people to discomfort. The outcome of this line of thinking results in people being very adjustable (those who see the triviality of the argument/situation) or people being difficult. 

        "Thinking about oneself", though it sounds very egotistic/egocentric is not really either of the two. Egocentric would be what "Thinking for oneself" is. Thinking about oneself, is immersing oneself (not really submerging oneself, that would be an extremity) in thoughts about the sort of a person one is, reflecting on deeds and activities, and one's thoughts by itself. It's sort of a self analytical thought process, which I would say steer oneself back on course. It would help oneself boostrap from a failure/depression situation, propel oneself forward, reanalyze the situation one is in, help take an alternative course of action. Best part is it would help one correct oneself and be self critical as well. 
But like all good things, it has a flip-side as well, if the train of thoughts is too much self appreciative and things are analyzed in a biased manner, I am afraid it leads to building up a personality that is less desirable.

My next will be on => the liking feeling we have towards people and if it is a continuous phenomenon or a disjoint phenomenon. Sounds abstract? well it is abstract :)
Gotta get back to work. :)

2 comments:

  1. Man! Dont think too much!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just normal thoughts anybody would have :) Just chumma jotting it down.

    ReplyDelete